Our first stop was only just across the street--ACROS Fukuoka, with an environmentally thoughtful step garden.

Inside the building information center, we collected travel pamphlets on other prefectures in Kyushu. The ACROS interior is yet another Fukuoka design marvel.For our next stop, we ventured to the 天神 (Tenjin) area of the city, well-known for its shopping. And though I have no money for such pleasures, I'll admit that such shopping looked amazing. Shopping is the national pastime of Japan, and the newest offerings of malls demonstrate careful thought in addressing all needs of its customers, looking to be more community-minded and environmentally aware.
This shot of a shop boasting 36 (?) varieties of muffins, is for Heather. The small cafe and take-out bakery clearly caters to women, with plush pink chairs and white tables at which to enjoy warm baked goods and coffee.Rather than wander through the underground mall, we turned in to the Inter-Media Station building (IMS), where I found an exhibit on design occupying the main floor space. Already in love.
I'd like my future home to run along the lines of this model--with an open floor plan and grassy space (or perhaps water?) that can be viewed from all parts of the house.
An atrium in IMS, complete with the sounds of chirping birds and flowing water. The air is purified by charcoal filter. The building is ridiculously modern, with nail salons, car showcases, and art galleries blended seamlessly together.
Chris, in super-hot GT-R.We next caught the subway to Nakasu-Kawabata and explored (when "explore" equals "feel uncomfortable in") the ultra-luxe Hakata Riverain, where the stores Louis Vuitton and Yves Saint Laurent flanked the front entrance.

The sixth-floor atrium was a design surprise--designed like a birdcage with large yellow canaries suspended from the ceiling to help visitors make the metaphorical connection. Loved it!We were sipping coffees when I received an e-mail from Jamie, who would be meeting us at Canal City. We quickly downed our drinks and caught the subway to Hakata.

Ramen Stadiuuum!We ate Kurume-style ramen, with tender, fatty chunks of pork, thin noodles, and a scrumptious broth.
Jamie and I ended the meal with pudding.Following our meal, we shopped around for a bit, and Jamie and I took プリクラ not once, but twice! Chris and I then walked Jamie back to Tenjin Station, taking in the night view of the city. Sadly, I realized halfway that I had forgotten one of my shopping bags somewhere in Canal City. I feel horrible about it even now. I urged us not to turn back, as the mall may have already closed. I'm crossing my fingers that I'll find it tomorrow when we go back. The bag holds a book for Chris and Hello Kitty charms for me. I'm such a moron.
Impressions of Fukuoka? Beautiful modern architecture. Delicious, fatty food. I could live here easily!
Tomorrow we check out of the hotel and pack up for SLEEPOVER NIGHT at Jamie's!
Impressions of Fukuoka? Beautiful modern architecture. Delicious, fatty food. I could live here easily!
Tomorrow we check out of the hotel and pack up for SLEEPOVER NIGHT at Jamie's!










0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿