Reading: Breakfast of Champions, Kurt Vonnegut
Listening: ---
Craving: sleep
Mood: blah, like soggy cereal
My weekend post on Sweets Day will be delayed for a few.
Today I hauled out two large bags of rubbish, wrote detailed lesson plans, and did a load of delicates.
In the evening, Chris drove to Miki. And Clay drove to Miki. And together we drove to Wendy's. Wendy is returning to America earlier than planned and is in a hurry to clean out her apartment; after a filling dinner of okonomiyaki, Clay returned to Kasai with his Daihatsu Mira full of bookshelves and other goodies. I took away a battered copy of The Joy of Cooking, which I will fall asleep with at night.
Despite the late hour, we hit the gym for a pool workout, where I wore a suit three times the size of my skinny days. The last time I swam laps was when I was on the team in high school, and I was a little nervous tonight. Thankfully, as I pushed off from the wall, technique came back naturally where speed and endurance did not, and I once again felt at home. I grew tired easily, however, and spent a good amount of time in the bubbly massage pool.
We're finally at home now, showered and chlorine-free. We finished an art project together (results to be revealed later), and I'm ready to sleep.
Also, my copy of Crowning the Nice Girl: Gender, Ethnicity, and Culture in Hawai'i's Cherry Blossom Festival arrived! I'm not sure how I'll focus on classes tomorrow when I have this to read.
月曜日, 4月 21, 2008
登録:
コメントの投稿 (Atom)

1 件のコメント:
I love Breakfast of Champions!
コメントを投稿