Saturday, March 8
Still on Hawaii time, Chris and I woke up early. On a weekend. Baffling.
We attended a reception for two of Chris's co-workers. The two had dated and gotten engaged secretly, as rules forbid such relations between teachers at the same workplace. The wedding, which was held just at the end of the academic year, is timely, as surely one of the two will transfer to a new school. The reception we attended was the second of two, including co-workers and more casual acquaintances. As such, dress code appeared to be office formal. The dinner, which guests paid for themselves, was held at Central DeliGrill in one of the brick building restaurants in Harborland. The festivities proceeded rather hurriedly. We began with a white wine toast, followed by a rush of pasta, fish, and salad dishes. I had barely finished a gin tonic and peach tea before the food was gone and we were encouraged to eat dessert. I suppose the couple deserved to retire for the day quickly! A bingo game was part of the wedding fun, and Chris and I won a small box of Tajima beef (known around the world as Kobe beef), an odd, but wonderful prize. We cooked the tender, marbled yakiniku cuts on a tabletop grill we bought especially for our prize. (It would've been a waste to chuck the beautiful meat into a frying pan.)
Saturday, March 15
One week after the wedding, we returned to the Harborland brick restaurants for lunch with Dylan and Heather (aka "Dyther") at the Old Spaghetti Factory. We spent the remainder of the afternoon with them, mostly chatting over coffees on American politics and life goals. Chris and I are thrilled that they'll be moving to Hawaii.
Dylan and Heather left in the early evening, and Chris and I parted ways as well--at least, for a few hours. I had dinner with the English department at a high-end Japanese restaurant in the M-int Building. I anticipated a dinner at which I wouldn't say much, but my former supervisor and my former desk neighbor (both now at different schools) were in attendance, and I enjoyed myself catching up with them.
Monday, March 17
I celebrated Saint Patrick's Day by wearing red and not doing anything at work. The highlight of the day?
Chris and I signed up for the gym.
Tuesday, March 18
It had been awhile since our last Ladies' Night, and our latest get-together involved a number of guys! Lena's lovely college friends were visiting, and we ate at

0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿