Thursday, March 6
I woke early to my favorite breakfast of waffles and bacon. I ate and finished packing my suitcase full of omiyage and food. Mom and I drove Scott to school, where he embarrassedly hugged me goodbye in the school parking lot and reminded me to buy him presents.
Mom and I arrived early at the airport. I snacked on fresh strawberries, haupia-flavored yogurt, and green tea with apple juice while watching the Japanese tourists being marched through. I laughed as they were forced to repack their suitcases, clearly over the fifty pound limit. Yet I wound up having to pack omiyage in Chris’s suitcase, as my boxes of Rice Krispies Treats alone weighed six pounds.
Chris and I checked in, said goodbye to our parents, and walked to the gate. At the newsstand, our last glimpse of
On the plane, we were thankful for window seats, but they were just in front of the bathrooms. It was convenient for leaning my seat back and using the bathroom frequently, but the space smelled of poop, and though I fell asleep for part of the flight, I woke up each time the door opened and the light flashed across my face. I watched several movies, though a few were so boring that I stopped them several minutes in. Chris and I were happy to catch up on one another’s company since we’d been apart for most of the time we were in
Friday, March 7
Upon arrival back in
- I thought I would be hitting up the beach. You know, swimming, adding color to the translucent skin that I’ve acquired during this Japanese winter? Nope. Lazed around at home.
- I didn't drink a single cup of Starbucks while I was home.
- I often ate for the sheer purpose of eating.
- American portions are enormous. I couldn’t finish a single one of my meals out. Thank goodness for doggybags.
- I have no clue how all the crap I have in Japan will fit with all the crap currently cluttering my room.
- Your family loves you more when you've been gone for awhile.

3 件のコメント:
hey kristine... mmm... everything looks so yummy!!! thank you for sharing... i enjoyed the pictures!
and... CONGRATULATIONS... good job on the JLPT Level 2... that's awesome!!!!
That was a great Monday morning read :). Thanks Kristine! I can't wait to get to Hawaii and eat everything I can. We'll have to go on a dining tour together!
Yea. Seats by the bathroom suck. But at least you and Chris got to catch up. :-) Your trip to Hawaii sounds nice, a lot like my trip to Korea when it comes to family and food hehe. Can't wait to see you and the rest of the girls soon!
コメントを投稿