金曜日, 3月 21, 2008

Home Again, Part Six: For Which There Are No Pictures

Tuesday, March 4
I slept in. Mom went into work to assist with Math Team practice, and she brought home pizza, which I ate for lunch. We hunted for omiyage at Pricebusters and Costco. I decided on jumbo boxes of Rice Krispies Treats. I’ve distributed the sweets at work, and nobody has mentioned them, which means they didn’t like them much. I don’t mind; I had extra treats to share with friends. Also at Costco, I picked up a container of madeleines and a juicy dollah-fifty hot dog and soda to eat on the way home.

For dinner we stayed in, eating Mom and Dad’s yummy shrimp scampi linguine with tomatoes and spinach. I rounded out the meal with Ben & Jerry’s Half-Baked ice cream. That Japan very sadly lacks chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream is a primary reason why I can never live here permanently.

0 件のコメント: