Friday, February 29
I woke in the mid-morning, and Mom brought me a papaya in bed. Have I mentioned that I love visiting home? I lounged around for awhile, enjoying my cushy mattress and bedside television. By the time I was dressed to leave, it was lunchtime. The Japanese teachers ventured out on their own, and Chris, at home in Hawaii Kai, slept until 3 in the afternoon. Mom and I drove to nearby Kahala Mall, where we ate at Chili’s. We ate mini burgers with some kind of yummy sauce. I had the unlimited strawberry lemonade. We caught up and talked about plans for the future. Mom asked if I wanted to shop, but I wasn’t in the mood and only picked up a supply of good ol' American deodorant.
We returned home to find Scott on the backyard deck. He was home from school early and rather than studying, he was working the outdoor gym. When we first moved in, the deck housed a deteriorating Jacuzzi, and my parents had it removed. The space now holds an assortment of my brother’s get-buff equipment. I had him help me use the bench press for a bit before submitting to weak arms and heat. Filled with energy though, I turned to another activity: piano. I studied the instrument for ten years, but after six years of not a single finger to a key, I had to start from the beginning, re-learning how to read music. “Isn’t it like riding a bike?” Mom asked, on the sofa watching Korean dramas. “No,” I said grouchily, as I practiced my chord progressions. It took me half an hour only to make my way back to “Fur Elise.”




0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿