Mom took me to Kahala Mall, where I bought a much-belated birthday gift. Following the closure of GapKids, Gap, and Borders Express, small clothing boutiques have been popping up like mushrooms. Mall management must be aiming for lack of variety: all the new shops sell cute and trendy designer clothing at ridiculous prices.
Mom and I ate smoked turkey paninis for lunch. I ordered mine with a side of Greek salad (mmm, feta!), and I discovered the wonders of Lipton Green Tea With Citrus. I think it’s only available in diet, which I don’t exactly love, but oh well.

At home, I packed my suitcase full of delicious American goodies. In the evening, we picked up my grandparents and drove to dinner at Sam Choy’s Breakfast, Lunch and Crab for my goodbye meal. Sam Choy, one of

There was only one thing I was going to order at Breakfast, Lunch and Crab. Umm, yes. Crab. I ordered the Bumbucha Crab Legs. "Bumbucha" is local speak for めっちゃ big. And those suckers were HUGE. My plate came with three fat crab legs. The thick and meaty flesh fell easily from the shell and was deliciously smooth on the tongue following a quick bath in melted butter. The legs were served with a heaping pile of creamy garlic mashed potatoes and green beans.
I was too full for dessert, but Mom insisted that I order something. Dad ate the haupia profiteroles, puff pastry spheres with a creamy coconut filling.After dinner, we drove Grandma and Grandpa home, where I said my goodbyes. I said goodbye to Dad that night too, as he would leave early for work the next morning. Departure was sadder this time around, as my permanent return home is closer than ever, and I wish I could've simply stayed.






0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿