金曜日, 8月 10, 2007

三木夏祭り

Reading: ---
Listening: "Friday's Blues," Clazziquai Project

Wednesday, August 1
Chris and I celebrated the start of the month at the 三木夏祭り (花火大会), a Miki City Summer Festival of fireworks and food. For the occasion, we wore our yukata.
Chris, unsure of whether we tied his obi properly.

I'm no photographer, and with hot, pushy crowds around me, I didn't take many pictures.
Festivals in Japan run like state fairs in America, with small stalls peddling meat on sticks, sweets, and games for children. By the time we caught the crowded train home, my skin was sticky with sweat and sugar. I ate two カキ氷(shave ice) and a chilled pineapple slice.
Thursday, August 2
Chris commuted to Akashi for the driving test for his Japanese license. I spent the morning worrying.

I was out to lunch with co-workers when I received a message from Chris. I relayed the news to everyone, having told them about his test: "合格!" We all clapped.

In celebration of his passing, Chris and I ate at Sagami for dinner.

天丼

カレーうどん。
おめでとう!

0 件のコメント: