Three and a half hours after beginning our practice, we let out for lunch. I bought two boxed lunches--lunch and dinner--from the kind people at Takitate Bento. I relaxed in the air-conditioning of my living room before returning to work, where I spent the remainder of the afternoon writing e-mails. At 4:15 pm, I returned home, worked out, showered, and ate a dinner of karaage chicken, salad, and rice.
I indulged in a juicy juicy peach for 298円.
Tuesday, August 21
As consolation for a dull morning, I lunched at Ru Cafe. Today's lunch was hamburger steak, served with roasted potatoes and topped with deep-fried goya (bittermelon) chips. I took the owners' recommendation on dessert, opting for the fruit roll of fresh mango and kiwi swirled in soft whipped cream and rolled up in moist vanilla cake.
Went home for the usual workout/shower/dinner routine and spent the remainder of the night plotting my Lush Budget and revising my shopping list.
Wednesday, August 22
I worked on lesson plans today, and found lunch with nearby factory workers at 7-11. I picked up an オムライス (egg omelet filled with fried rice) topped with cheese sauce. Mmm. For dinner that evening, I bought a pack of gyoza.
There was a thunderstorm--complete with lightning--in the evening. One of the reasons I hate living alone is being a chicken alone. I crawled into bed, put on my iPod, and fell asleep.
Thursday, August 23
Jolly Pasta for lunch. I veered from my usual pizza order and chose the asparagus carbonara pasta with garlic bread and iced coffee. Wrote proposals for initiating an English Speaking Society at my school.
At home, I commenced with my usual schedule. Without much available dinner ingredients, I made do with salad and a grilled cheese sandwich. Watched Friends DVDs and considered for the hundredth time that a sofa or some sort of seating furniture might be nice in my house.
Friday, August 24
I spent the morning reading The Book of Tea, and I studied kanji for two hours. Several teachers stopped by my desk--as they always do when I'm studying--and talked grammar for a bit. I went home for lunch, where I ate a grilled cheese sandwich.
In the middle of writing this blog, I paused for chunks of sweet Japanese pear (shared by my co-workers) with my Dracula book. Does life get much better?
I found this plastic melon-shaped ball at my local 7-11 freezer.

Filled with a perfect portion of melon-flavored ice cream!Tonight I await Chris and the Japan arrival of my new neighbor, Jason's replacement at Miki High!


0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿