Reading: ---
Listening: "Yeah!", Usher feat. Lil' Jon and Ludacris
We took a little trip to the big city this weekend.
Saturday, August 4
I didn't hear my alarm ringing, and we and missed our 6:51 am 新幹線. Thanks to my act of awesomeness, we paid extra to catch a later train. Grrr.
For lunch, we ate at a branch of Soup Stock Tokyo, one of my favorite Japanese restaurant chains. We explored the 日本橋 area before catching the subway to our hotel.
"Nihonbashi" (Bridge of Japan)Taka tells us that the famous bridge was originally written 二本橋, indicating a bridge of two logs.
We checked into Hotel Hokke Club at 3:00 pm. The hotel, with locations around Japan, is a favorite of ours for its clean rooms and friendly service. We showered and chilled in the air conditioning before heading back out into the heat of the evening.
We caught the subway to 赤坂 (Akasaka), looking forward to dinner at a Hawaiian cafe I'd found online. Unfortunately, the place was closed for a party. Cruddy. We changed gears and ate at a restaurant down the street. Guess where?
I ate 豚の生姜焼き (ginger pork) at Denny's!We followed dinner with a plate of the American chain's delicious French toast.
Tummies full, we next ventured to 東京タワー (Tokyo Tower). The landmark is known as a romantic spot for couples, but I didn't quite grasp the feeling. All the same, I found some love in the form of souvenir shops located beneath the tower.
If Chris were Godzilla . . .I later bought a keychain of Hello Kitty, scaling Tokyo Tower dressed as a green monster.





0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿