水曜日, 6月 27, 2007

Tomato Pasta and Killer Scissors

Reading: ---
Listening: "Listen 2 UR Heart," Jon Young

I haven't had time to read much, which is shocking news considering that I ALWAYS find time for books. My new "be productive" lifestyle has kept my hours (holed up in my house) chock full of other schtuff to do: cooking, "exercising," and studying Japanese.

As of yesterday, I discovered that I CAN access the iTunes Music Store from school, and since then (pathetic), I have been busily filling my laptop with podcasts. I've fallen in love with a wonderful one called Grammar Girl's Quick and Dirty Tips for Better Writing. Check it out if you're a grammar fan.

Okay. Here's Part Two of the Kristine in the Kitchen series.

Attempt Two: "Tomato Cream One-Bowl Pasta"
(from 一人分料理)
In the infamous Japanese summer, this fresh, light dish makes a yummy meal. I cooked a 100g serving of spaghetti, tossing the noodles with plump tomatoes, crisp mizuna, two (small) blocks of cream cheese, and a sprinkling of olive oil. The rich cheese, softened in the warm pasta, pairs well with the sweet and bitter veggies. I paired the dish with crusty bread. The pasta tasted delicious cold the next day for lunch.
Last week, I conducted a Careers Lesson in my First Year classes. I asked the students to write and draw in response to the question "What is your dream job?" Responses like these keep me smiling all day.

Hairstylist. Or murderer.

Enterprising and humorous.
Also, you know it's a good day when everyone is exclaiming, "Oh!"

How do I respond to this one?

A bog beautician!
Ridiculously cute, even with the massive, killer scissors.

My students are amazing.

1 件のコメント:

匿名 さんのコメント...

Hi Kristine...

Someone's getting really good at cooking! Amazing! That pasta looks so refreshing!!!

And, it seems like your students like scissors... kinda scary!! The drawings are cute though!

Take care
jamie