水曜日, 6月 06, 2007

Chinese and "Hawaiian" in One Day

Reading: House of Leaves, Mark Z. Danielewski
Listening: "Love Mode," Clazziquai Project feat. PE'Z and VERBAL (m-flo)

The end of the conference came too quickly. We said our goodbyes, and everyone scattered back to the southern corners of Japan.

Before returning to our respective homes, however, Stuart, Chris, and I checked out a Chinese buffet at the nearby Kobe Airport. I'd been craving Chinese food for months, and this restaurant was a treat. At 1580円 for lunch, it was also a deal.

Chinese food goodness.

My favorite was the self-serve soft cream.
Mmm!

After seeing Stuart off at Sannomiya, Chris and I caught a train to Osaka, where we wandered around Yodobashi Camera (for a bit) and Kinokuniya (for awhile) before finding dinner at Hana Dining, a Hawaii-themed restaurant beneath Umeda Station. I'd found information on the place through research on Hawaii-style cafes (there are many in Japan), but we wound up stumbling on it by accident.

That's a design of the Hawaiian Islands on the menu.

Chow Fun
Maybe.

"マグロポキ"
I love poke, and this gaudy fish cocktail was not it.

Loco Moco
tender hamburger patty topped with over-easy egg and thinly sliced white and green onions
served over white rice, smothered in brown gravy
garnished with baby greens and potato wedges
Half-eaten because I only remembered to photograph several minutes after I'd dug in.
The food was all tasty, though I wouldn't return. The restaurant created a reasonably good fusion of Japanese and Hawaiian cuisines and tastes, but given the quality and quantities of food served, the menu was overpriced. When it comes to grinding on the good stuff, it's best to just go home.

1 件のコメント:

匿名 さんのコメント...

I think someone's new hobby is photography!! You are really good at taking pictures!! That locomoco looks so juicy and moist! Everytime I read your blog, I get REALLY hungry... Like right now, I am snacking on some chocolate and drinking coffee-milk! Keep the pictures coming... I really enjoy reading about what you eat!!