Listening: Henehene Kou 'Aka, Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
Craving: See below.
Despite my resolution to maintain this blog more regularly, I've returned to my an-update-once-every-other-month-will-do routine. For all that I've been up to, check out Chris's site.
I've been slowly getting over a cold, and in the process, I've cultivated a hatred of Japanese winters and intense cravings for every food from home. I could find imitations of these foods here in Japan (loco moco is surprisingly common here), but nothing beats local grinds. I browse through Japanese travel magazines on Hawaii for glimpses of sexy malasada photos. On my first visit home, it will be my mission to eat everything on this list. Regarding the restaurants listed, I'll happily order any menu item. It looks like I'll need a good month of vacation for all the eating.
Good Eats
the food of my dreams
bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit (McDonald's)
baked potato
Ba-Le sandwich
banana muffins (Grandma)
the food of my dreams
bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit (McDonald's)
baked potato
Ba-Le sandwich
banana muffins (Grandma)
barbeque ribs
beef stew (Grandma or Mom)
Ben and Jerry's
Big City Diner
Bob's Bar-B-Que
Boots and Kimo's
bouillabaisse
Ben and Jerry's
Big City Diner
Bob's Bar-B-Que
Boots and Kimo's
bouillabaisse
bread pudding
Bubba Gump Shrimp Company
butter mochi
Bubba Gump Shrimp Company
butter mochi
california roll
caramacs (Hawaiian Host)
caramacs (Hawaiian Host)
chicken katsu + rice + mac salad (Grace's Inn / Spot's Inn)
chicken long rice (Grandma)
chili cheese fries (Zippy's)
chinese egg custard tarts
Cinnabon
coco puffs (Liliha Bakery)
corned beef hash (Mom)
crispy gau gee
chicken long rice (Grandma)
chili cheese fries (Zippy's)
chinese egg custard tarts
Cinnabon
coco puffs (Liliha Bakery)
corned beef hash (Mom)
crispy gau gee
curly fries + buttermilk sauce (Jack-in-the-Box)
custard pie
dim sum
fajita chicken wrap (I Love Country Cafe)
fried rice (Dad)
fried saimin (HK)
Gina's B-B-Q
fajita chicken wrap (I Love Country Cafe)
fried rice (Dad)
fried saimin (HK)
Gina's B-B-Q
guri-guri
haupia
huli huli chicken (!)
Jamba Juice
jook
Kua'aina
huli huli chicken (!)
Jamba Juice
jook
Kua'aina
lasagna
lau lau
lau lau
local okazu (Mitsuba)
loco moco
lomi lomi salmon
malasadas
manapua
mango, fresh
mashed potatoes
mochiko chicken
passion orange guava juice
pasta salad
philly cheesesteak sandwich
Pineapple Room by Alan Wong (LOVE.)
passion orange guava juice
pasta salad
philly cheesesteak sandwich
Pineapple Room by Alan Wong (LOVE.)
poke (ahi, aku, or tako)
pork and togan soup (Grandma)
portuguese bean soup (Grandma)
portuguese sausage
quesadillas
Rainbow Drive-In
pork and togan soup (Grandma)
portuguese bean soup (Grandma)
portuguese sausage
quesadillas
Rainbow Drive-In
roast beef sandwich
roast turkey and stuffing
rosemary potato chicken pizza (California Pizza Kitchen)
saimin + barbeque beef sticks
shave ice + sweetened condensed milk (Waiola)
soft pretzel
southwestern chicken egg rolls (Chili's)
southwestern chicken egg rolls (Chili's)
spring rolls + rice noodles (Hale Vietnam)
steak
sweet and sour spareribs (Mom)
sweet potato-haupia pie
tacos
sweet and sour spareribs (Mom)
sweet potato-haupia pie
tacos
taegu
TCBY
W & M Bar-B-Que Burgers
waffles (Mom)
Wish List
those who love me will take me here
Alan Wong's
John Dominis (brunch)
Mariposa
Roy's
Sam Choy's Breakfast, Lunch and Crab
TCBY
W & M Bar-B-Que Burgers
waffles (Mom)
Wish List
those who love me will take me here
Alan Wong's
John Dominis (brunch)
Mariposa
Roy's
Sam Choy's Breakfast, Lunch and Crab
My list only continues to grow, and I know that I'm missing quite a few items. Visit 'Ono Kine Grindz, one of my favorite foodie blogs, for photos and restaurant reviews.
Why oh why did I ever leave home?
Despite my Hawaii longings, Japan has a darn good selection of eats. Chris and I will search for pho and a mythical Old Spaghetti Factory in Kobe this weekend. My taste buds are ready.
Edit: I've heard that Star Child's, our favorite Japanese burger joint, will be closing its doors this month. It appears as though our weekend eating plans will be changed to enjoying our last Star Child burgers.

2 件のコメント:
yummy... your list is making me hungry!! we will definitely eat when we go home!! i'm getting excited!!!!
So....hungry. Also, I think I'm ready for the move to Hawaii now.
コメントを投稿