木曜日, 2月 21, 2008

Another Mid-Year Conference

Monday, January 14
As recovery from our lovely Korean vacation, we spent the day sleeping in and doing laundry. Thrilling stuff.

Thursday, January 17
It was a short two days of work, then relief with a JET Mid-Year Conference. Many ALTs complain about how dull the lectures and sessions are, but I LOVE conference time. How could I not when I'm paid to see my friends?

Japanese teachers attend this conference too, and I ran into Okabe Sensei, my go-between last year. We keep in touch through e-mail quite frequently, but it was my first time to see her since she left for another school in April, and I've missed her! We made plans to have lunch together in March.

In the evening, as it was Brenda's birthday, a big group of us celebrated with dinner and all-you-can-drink wine at Alberta Alberta, a little underground Italian place with a sweet bathroom.


I don't remember taking this picture, but it's of me, James, and crazydrunken Lena.

Friday, January 18
We were all tired on Day Two of the conference. In our sessions, we discussed using debates in the classroom, but most ALTs agreed that that would require a far higher level of English ability than any of our students are capable of. Still, we enjoyed cheering Dylan on as he participated in a demonstration debate in front of all the conference attendees.

In the afternoon, Dylan, Heather, Lena, Chris and I had chocolate croissants and drinks before a filling dinner at Katsukura, where we were joined by Bren. Chris and I skipped the three-bar drinking party that night and returned home early.

Saturday, January 19
In the evening, we drove to Kasai for yakiniku with Team Kasai plus Toyooka Dan. We later had dessert and Wii at Casa del Munoz.

Sunday, January 20
We met Clay at Genki Ramen for lunch, then drove to the Kasai Service Area, where we saw snow! I spent the rest of the afternoon playing 塊魂 at Clay's place while he and Chris did travel "planning." In the evening, we ate yummy Chinese food, and then the weekend was quite sadly over.

0 件のコメント: