月曜日, 6月 30, 2008

Cooking Day at Miki

Friday, June 20
As the conclusion to a cooking unit with my third-year students, we spent the afternoon making loco mocos and malasadas, local foods in Hawaii that I first told them about as first-years. なつかしい~!

Let's trying to cook and use English recipes!

We used the home economics room, of course.

Mixing the dough for malasadas. I didn't think a whisk was the proper tool to use, but I kept my mouth shut.




The class made BIG hamburgers.


A nearly complete loco moco. I cooked gravy (using a powder mix I brought from home) to pour on top, and the kids fell in love.


Rising dough.

My camera was passed around the class.




Malasadas are traditionally round . . .


The malasadas wound up a little burnt, but they surprisingly tasted exactly like the real deal.

Cooking Day was perfect. Learning and food go hand-in-hand.

0 件のコメント: