土曜日, 12月 08, 2007

America, パート6

Friday, November 23
Having missed out on crack-of-dawn Black Friday shopping, I had lunch with Mom and Dad at the Kahala Mall Chili’s five minutes away from home.

It's strawberry lemonade, not beer.

chicken tacos



After lunch, Mom and I did a little shopping. She bought me a new purse and coat from Banana Republic.

At home, I napped before dinner with the folks and the grand-folks at Panda Cuisine, located on Ke’eaumoku Street. The restaurant choice was made based on my request for dim sum. The food was delish, and I took it as a compliment that the waitress refused to believe that I was old enough to drink beer. (In Japan, I'm never carded.)

scallop jook, one of my comfort foods





I love these custard tarts.

I said goodbye to my grandparents that night and promised to be home again soon.

Scott was absent from dinner, choosing the UH-Boise State WAC championship game--which everyone on the island followed that day--over his sister. Dad listened to the game over a radio in his pocket, turning the volume down only to order his dim sum. For those wondering, UH won.

As UH football fans across the state celebrated, I watched Elf on TV and rolled new sweaters my suitcase. The labors of my shopping were good.

2 件のコメント:

愛子 さんのコメント...

kristine!!!

I am SO SO jealous of your meals... I couldn't stop staring at all the food!!! Especially the dim sum... oh, and the thanksgiving meal... oh, and the dessert... oh, and the CPK! My gosh... I am SO looking forward to going home in the summer!

And, I am SO happy that you did some shopping and relaxing! I'm so glad that you had fun!

jamie

匿名 さんのコメント...

I didn't even read everything you wrote because I kept looking at the pictures of FOOD! Thanks for posting those! Now I have a list of things I want to try when I go to Hawaii. :-)