金曜日, 10月 26, 2007

Meeting Heather's Big Bro

Reading: The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald
Listening: "俄然Yeah!" Mihimaru GT

I finished Gatsby on the train. I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would; I’m not a great fan of Jazz Age American literature.

Thursday, October 11
After a long period of hermit-like behavior, I organized dinner with the girls in Akashi. I arrived early and sat with Anderson Cooper (okay, his podcast) over a latte. Bren arrived not long after I did, and the two of us chatted on future plans, a topic both exciting and frightening. Heather arrived next with her brother Michael, who is visiting Japan for two weeks. Once Kel and Lena were there, we shopped for Halloween goodies at Toys ‘R’ Us. Kel and Bren are planning a big Halloween party for charity on the 27th. It sounds amazing, but Chris and I will be in Tokyo.

We ate dinner at Bombay, where as usual, we stuffed ourselves. I ate a chicken dish cooked in butter and tomatoes and paired with fresh naan. More than the delicious food, however, I loved catching up with the girls. Poor Michael was steamrollered by all of our chattering!

0 件のコメント: