Listening: "I Don't Wanna Be In Love," Good Charlotte
Ah yes, another week of adventures in the life of me.
On Monday evening, I tagged along with my neighbor Michael in attending Japanese class at Miki City Hall. The weekly lessons are a mere 2000 yen per year, or the cost of an annual membership to the Miki International Association. That night, the small seminar room was filled with foreigners. All the Miki ALTs were in attendance, as well as a few Chinese nationals and a Jamaican named Sammy. The sessions pair learners with native Japanese speakers, and as it was my first night, I was shuffled into the “Beginner Group” of Grace and a Japanese volunteer. While the neighboring “Advanced Group”—which I should perhaps join in the future—perused a magazine article on swamps in China, our group chatted about favorite foods. No complaints here, obviously.
On Wednesday night, I cooked a disappointing beef stroganoff, particularly so since it included no sour cream. Still, it wasn’t awful, and I contentedly ate the leftovers on Thursday as well.
Chris stayed in Tamba for an enkai on Friday night, and I crawled out of my hermit's cave for Girls’ Night in Kobe! I arrived early and treated myself to an icy Starbucks frappuccino before meeting the others. We were all craving meat for dinner and opted for a Daimaru steak restaurant that Lena and I had visited months ago.
Heather and Lena being cute.
Fresh fish and daikon salad. The fish was too salty for my taste, but I loved the pink dressing, which was savory and not sweet.
Steamed veggies.
Da Meat. Juicy, tender, melt-in-your-mouth-oh-so-yummy-I-love-steak.
Cantaloupe, slice of tart, vanilla ice cream. Delish with lusciously bitter hot coffee.
After dinner, we attempted to shop for a wedding dress for Heather, but all the shops were closed. Pathetic for a big city. Instead, Lena returned to Akashi to meet a date, and Kel, Heather and I went barhopping. Heather and I were “single girls” that night and stayed out late. I finally caught a train and then a taxi home. I would wake up early in the morning for Chris and my grand drive to Osaka.

1 件のコメント:
Ahhhhhh! Seeing all that good food makes me want to go again. We should go every 2 months. Maybe once we become regulars they'll start giving us some hookups...you know, like free steak? =)
コメントを投稿