Listening: "Traveling," 宇多田ヒカル
Craving: sweet-sour spareribs
On May 13 (Mothers' Day), Chris and I spiced up the trek from Tamba to Miki by naming it a ドライブ.
Jusco, favorite store of all who live in a non-city. This one is in 和田山 (Wadayama). (What what.) Chris and I ate lunch at a chain restaurant called ビッグバーン (Biggu Baan), which oddly enough translates as "Big Bang."
Everyone could use a good nap parking while on the road.
One of our stops included the ruins of a mountain-top castle whose name I can't remember. What I do remember is the climb up--a near-vertical ascent surrounded by swarming bugs and crawling lizards. Ohhh nature how I love thee.
Chris looking super afront the stairs of horror. Let me say that deodorant, non-ballet flat shoes, and physical fitness are musts for mountain climbing.


The view was worth the hike. Would I do it again? Um, no.


Despite my huffing and puffing, this elderly tour group had no problem climbing the mountain. I like to think that they got helicoptered up.
On the way down, I scoffed at a high heel-clad, Louis Vuitton-toting chick accompanying her boyfriend up. "No way," I laughed to Chris, and within minutes, she turned about-face, following us to the parking lot to await Stupid Boyfriend's climb and descent. Who brings a date--unwarned--on a mountain hike? Sister whipped out her cell phone, surely to complain to her girlfriends.
As reward for my surviving the mountain, Chris and I stopped at 道の駅・あさご for soft creams. I bragged that I would eat two, but one wound up being filling enough.
On the way to *** Dam (not an expletive, but another lapse in my fabulous memory), we passed the あさご芸術館 (Asago Museum of Art), closed for the day, but not without its share of quirky sculptures outside. I'm a nut for quirky (especially so when it's quirky art), and I'll pressure Chris to return for a complete visit.
A Last Supper of animals, with a rabbit playing the role of Jesus.
Shiny poo.
Can you see our car in the reflection?
We drove home through Ono, stopping at SATY for big dinners and donuts.
We LOVE ドライブ!




1 件のコメント:
Hi Kristine!! I am SO with you on the mountain thing... ballet flats are cute, but they are not made for climbing or walking for long periods of time! Anyways, I enjoyed your blog full of pictures!! Keri said that she likes posts with pictures... she told me that she doesn't have time to read through my blog! How rude!!
Well, you and Chris seem to be enjoying Hyogo!! Drives are fun, aren't they!! I'll see you soon for some shopping in Kobe!! Harborland??
take care
jamie
コメントを投稿