火曜日, 7月 22, 2008

In Which I Eat Too Much Cake

Tuesday, July 8
Our Girls' Nights are winding down. Four of us will be leaving Japan, and as of my writing this, any gatherings that we do have before departure will no longer include all five chicks. It truly is the end of an era.

We met in Sannomiya for dinner and dessert at Sweets Paradise, a small all-you-can-eat joint (1450 yen) Lena and her friend Hannah (visiting from Korea) found while shopping. The buffet lines were stocked with pasta, pizza, and of course, SWEETS--an entire wall was devoted to cakes, puddings, ice creams, and even a chocolate fountain.
We went for the sweets, but we all loved the pizza, actually.
Bren, Lena, and Hannah.

Heather and me. I've never seen her eat so much dessert.

I loved the cheese pizza, for which alone I would return.
Above is my plate of dessert. Yes, I did eat all of that, and yes, I was horribly sick when I got home. Could we call it a sugar migraine?

Hannah loved my little black Gap dress, and we found her a similar style at the same store. Twins!

The picture below is unrelated to the girls, but one of my students wrote this paragraph the following day, when I assigned them to describe someone. She chose to write about me. Obviously none of my students know how to spell my name, but they do think such nice things. I'll miss being adored.

0 件のコメント: